Who am I?!
What I'm working on
- I am an undergraduate research assistant in the Guo lab at UMich's Glenn Aging Center! The Guo lab studies aging and regeneration in planarians and leopard geckos.
- As of early 2023, I'm currently on break from the lab.
- Occasional writing on here / filmmaking (coming soon?).
Fun-ish facts about me
- I love playing Paradox games–mainly Europa Universalis IV–but am sadly too poor to buy any DLCs [and disclaimer... haven't played in a good while so I'm pretty rusty :p].
- I can speak Chinese at the level of a five year old.
- My favorite movie is The Social Network (though Dune is a strong contender for #1).
- I am vaguely Eastern European (my dad grew up in Soviet era Ukraine, my mom's side is Polish Jewish).
Writings I like
"The Egg" by Andy Weir, Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami, "What You'll Wish You'd Known" by Paul Graham, "The Merchant at the Alchemist's Gate" by Ted Chiang, Candide by Voltaire, "Advice for Ambitious Teenagers" by Laura Deming, Meditations by Marcus Aurelius, "The boys i mean are not refined" by E.E. Cummings, Sun Yat-sen: The Unfinished Revolution by Tijo Kayloe, The War on Normal People by Andrew Yang, A Canticle For Leibowitz by Walter M. Miller, "Howl" by Allen Ginsburg, "Earth Abides" by George Stewart
Through my personal site, I'd like to share my hot takes, findings and research about science I'm interested in, and show my progress as I try to get into the world of biotech. If any of those things sound remotely interesting to you, feel free to check some of my posts out!